New Business Development/Sales Executive
What are we looking for?
Bedrock Learning are looking for an ambitions and target driven New Business Development Executive to join our successful sales team and help us in our mission to improve literacy rates across the UK.
We are prepared to look at applicants from across the UK with a strong record of business development. Successful candidates will enjoy an extremely competitive package including the potential to earn uncapped bonuses.
If you think you would enjoy achieving greatness with some of the most passionate and driven people you have ever worked with, Bedrock Learning might just be the place for you.
A bit about us
Bedrock Learning is an innovative online vocabulary and reading curriculum for school students. The need for our programme is great; over 80,000 students (and rising!) now progress on our platform in schools and homes around the world.
Our company is growing quickly and this is an excellent time to join our team and seize career opportunities that only a rapidly growing company such as ours can provide.
There is massive potential for lucrative rewards as well as job satisfaction. If you are positive, resilient and have a diligent work ethic, you will flourish at Bedrock Learning.
Your work will have a significant impact on students, teachers and families. If you care passionately about education and have a thirst for new and exciting opportunities, you need to get in touch with us!
We are on a mission to narrow the vocabulary gap and revolutionise the way students engage with reading and vocabulary learning.
There is a direct link between a pupil’s vocabulary size and their academic progress. Vocabulary gaps widen as students progress through school. The gaps often begin very early on in a child's life and they are compounded by a lack of reading.
Researchers, academics, teachers and politicians are now in agreement - we must do more to ensure that we do not allow social disadvantage to become educational disadvantage. Vocabulary is the great leveller.
Our story, in a nutshell
2014 - Teacher founders begin research and development.
2015 - First schools join Bedrock and begin accelerated vocabulary learning.
2016 - Product continues to evolve with increased customer base and first members join the Bedrock team.
2017 - Successful seed investment raised on CrowdCube.
2018 - Revenue increases in 2017 by 303%. Over 20% of 2022 market share target achieved.
2019 - Hold on to your seat!
So, what will you be responsible for?
- New business development in the west and south west of the UK, including Wales and Cornwall.
- Hitting personal sales targets and meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Establishing links with the key contacts and decision makers of schools in the UK.
- Booking and attending meetings with customers and potential customers.
- Arranging and delivering demos of Bedrock Vocabulary to potential customers.
- Managing opportunities meticulously via our CRM technology.
- Building rapport with customers and promoting the brand of Bedrock Learning.
- You enjoy working autonomously and can manage your time effectively without being micromanaged.
- You have a hunger to increase growth through new business development as well as nurturing inbound opportunities and converting them into sales. You are confident on the phone, have a professional manner and enjoy meeting new people and making new connections.
- You enjoy driving, being on the road and seeing new parts of the UK, whilst visiting potential customers.
- You understand fast-growing businesses; you like that things move fast and you are dynamic enough to adjust. You are expected to fuel growth and you want to grow yourself, professionally and financially. You aren't precious about what's asked of you - in fact you thrive on variety. You see targets as an opportunity to excel.
- You want to be part of a company with a strong social and educational focus.
- Exemplary communication skills: written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- At least 1 years’ experience in business development/sales with a strong record of increasing revenue.
- Full driving licence and use of own car.
- The ability to cover the geographic territory of the role, including the west and south west counties of the UK.
- The ability to work from home effectively and nurture customers at all stages of the sales process.
- BA in English, or other related qualification.
- Experience in selling to schools or teachers.
Benefits of working for us
Basic salary of £25,000 - 30,000 with OTE of an additional £8,400.
increased stretch commission above OTE.
Uncapped stretch bonuses above OTE.
25 days + 8 public holidays taken during school holidays.
Ability to work from home, with 1 day a month working at our head office in Norwich.
Company car available upon successful completion of first quarterly review.
Extensive learning and development opportunities.
Laptop allowance scheme.
Young company with potential for rapid career progression.
Work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a creative atmosphere.